Monday, June 22, 2009

minimalism, part 2



mom
i can't talk now
it's important
not to me
but it's really important
(dial tone)


that looks easy
why don't you try it?
i can't be bothered
did anyone ever tell you -
what?
forget it


joe woke up
it was morning
he had to go to work
he went to work
he was late
nobody noticed


my neck hurts
- - - - - - - - -
did you hear me?
i heard you
my neck hurts
so?


what about that twenty?
what twenty?
the twenty you were going to lend me
i was going to lend you twenty?
yeah
when?


joshua look at the clown
aaaaaaaaaaaaah!
he's a funny clown
aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
come on joshua be good
aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!


she left you, huh?
yeah
is that good or bad?
i don't know
have another drink
you buying?


bert woke up
he had fallen asleep at his desk
the office was empty
the gang had gone to lunch
he wasn't a member of the gang
he checked his messages


this is fun
yeah
i think i've had enough though
right
too much of a good thing you know?
i hear you



4 comments:

TC said...

Timmy,

I hear you.

Have just linked All Humans Are the Same to

Tom Clark/Beyond the Pale

I also fiddle a bit (as "TC") at

Vanitas

Keep up the good poem work...and come visit any time!

timmy said...

thanks coach ... i'll try to make you proud

Mariana Soffer said...

I liked the poem a lot, but I think the guy hated the cloun, well I hate clown myself they make me get scared, they make me wanna run away
Take care timmt

human being said...

small... pointed... sharp... piercing... all of them!

so they communicate a message which is felt... 'noticed'... 'heard'...

masterly done!


the one about bert just killed me!
:)