Sunday, November 29, 2009

demon lover





when i was a child in ages dark
demons chased me through the park
and angels though in charge in me
laughed loudly at my misery

and when i finally tripped and fell
you raised me with the hand of hell
angel born and demon bred
you introduced me to the dead

the dead whose wide and staring eyes
were whiter than the winter skies
who sat all night on fog wet benches
sad sentinels of eternal trenches

the dead whose soft and wordless lips
twisted like slowly sinking ships
in black and bottomless seas
in unreverberating reveries


3 comments:

Jon said...

I wonder was it Central Park?

like the pace of this poem, and the rhyme is well weighted leading to the last line... great ending.

hope you're well timmy

Mariana Soffer said...

will we ever stop being afraid of monsters?

Harlequin said...

I also liked the rhythm of this piece...I have to say it reminded me of the creatures who pursued me out of my curtains on cold winter nights... I could never tell the difference between the faces in the lace and faces in the frost...